I Want Free Gifts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi Everyone

4 posters

Go down

Hi Everyone Empty Hi Everyone

Post  hlpfla Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:29 pm

Hi,
I am a married mother of one active 13 year old,
We are currently living in a small town in Fla. about an hour from Ga. I do like the warmth of Florida but I do miss all the fun and activity of Boston.
I currently stay home and help my husband with our business, and lately I have been very active with a foundation that I and my best friend started after a tragic death of our beautiful 10 year old niece. (justice4mallory.com).
Well I hope everyone has a great holiday, and stay safe. santa
hlpfla

hlpfla

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty Re: Hi Everyone

Post  michellen2008 Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:37 am

Sorry for the loss of your niece. It must be quite difficult. I have two nieces myself and cried and cried when I couldn't see them due to a custody battle, though things are fixed now, though I cannot ever imagine never seeing her again or having to live in your shoes. Must be hard. I'm here to listen if you need anything. That's probably all I can do, but I guess an open ear doesn't hurt at times.

So you live in Fla-- that's cool. A lot of individuals on the boards are from FL? So, you lived in Boston- that's cool. I've never been to the East coast- and would like to travel there someday with my man. What is the East coast like? Only been to the west coast.. hehe! Cool

Talk soon,

Michelle

michellen2008

http://www.freewebs.com/michellen2008/

Back to top Go down

Post  jennr Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:22 am

I also am sorry to hear about the loss of your neice...it does seem like a lot of the members are from Fl. maybe i am jealous...lol so how hard are 13 year olds? my son will be 11 in April but i am worried about the teen years. I have never been to Boston either...so what is it like there? does it get cold in the winter time. i am so geographically challenged...lol it is amazng i can get to Walmart without getting lost...lol

well i hope to see more posts from ya
have a good day rendeer

jennr

Back to top Go down

Hi Everyone Empty HI Thanks

Post  hlpfla Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:54 am

Hi,
Thanks everyone for the wonderful thoughts and prayers, it seems like I tell my story a lot these days, but for me it is a way to keep Mallory’s voice herd and hope that it will make a difference maybe to just one person, I will be the first admit I am always up for a good party but never at the cost of a child. I guess the one bright thing from this tragedy is I have met and talked to people that I may have never done so before.
Well for Florida it is nice and warm,(some time just a little to warm over the spring we had major wild fires just miles from us, and tornados) most of the time. we live in a very little town so that takes some getting used to. Well for Boston I love the history, scenery, the culture and being able to hop on a subway and get any were in 30 minutes. I would say visit but in the summer or spring.
I do have a thirteen year old girl. I am very blessed she is a pretty good kid very active with her friends and band. Can be moody at times, I have always herd that boys are always a lot different than the girls at this age, I am not so sure though, some of the boys that I have met are just as bad as my daughter about there hair and close. I think it has something to do with just realizing boys and girls aren’t as yucky as they originally thought.
Well I hope every one enjoys there day
Stay safe

hlpfla

Back to top Go down

Post  jennr Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:01 pm

I am glad you were blssed with a good teen...what kind of band is she in? my son worries me sometimes but for the most part he is a good kid...i just worry that he will get in with the wrong crowd and make a lot of bad choices. i already try to talk to him about things like that though. if you do not mind me asking how did your neice pass? what happened. if you dont want to explain it though i understand. i can imagine that it is a painful topic.

all the best to ya...again it is nice to meet you. sunny

jennr

Back to top Go down

Post  hlpfla Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:59 pm

Thanks agene,
I do think the best you can do is talk to your son an just tell him all the time you are always there no matter what my daughter sure gets tired of hearing it.
My niece was killed at the hands of neglectful parents drinking driving an doing drugs.
If you check out my first post it has the name of the foundation in it and its web site is now up an running,( if you wont to check it out one day, I can always use a little more feed back) I try not to post it to much so not to make any one upset.
It was nice talking to you hope to talk agene soon.

hlpfla

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:47 pm

Hey...welcome to the forum...sorry to hear about ur loss...you are in my prayers...again, welcome and I know you will have fun

Admin
Admin

https://iwantfreegifts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  michellen2008 Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:55 pm

hlpFla-- what are your hobbies? Wink

michellen2008

Back to top Go down

Post  hlpfla Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:09 pm

Hi everyone,
It’s been a while seen I have had the time to sit down and check out the forum and site.
But I wanted to touch base and say thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers as the year anniversary of my nieces death approached.
I will say we had a great turn out at our memorial; Have new pictures and all on the site. the whether in Florida was great that night. I would appreciate your continued prayers as my family is gearing up for my sister in law to give birth on January 25 to a baby girl, who may only be with us for a short time the doctors can not give us any clue at this point of how much of her brain has not developed. (We are holding out a lot of hope)
Well I hope everyone has a great 2008, cave I hope your physical therapy is going well & michellen2008 I hope your pregnancy is going well. You are all in my thoughts.
Hope everyone has a good night
hlpfla

hlpfla

Back to top Go down

Post  michellen2008 Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 pm

hlpfla, my daughter has finally been born. Wink

Brain not developed? Hmmmm... did they say why? I had a few complications with my pregnancy as well, but my girl ended up pretty healthy. I'd recommend they order testing to figure out what the problem may be. I was due Jan 31, but delivered my girl on Jan 8,2008, a few weeks early and she ended up having good brain activity and the testing all came back as normal, I mean.. I just don't understand why they'd all of sudden tell her she may have a delay, unless it was detected from some lab work? Who knows? I will continue to pray for you and your family.

God Bless,

Michelle

michellen2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:02 am

hlpfla wrote:Hi everyone,
It’s been a while seen I have had the time to sit down and check out the forum and site.
But I wanted to touch base and say thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers as the year anniversary of my nieces death approached.
I will say we had a great turn out at our memorial; Have new pictures and all on the site. the whether in Florida was great that night. I would appreciate your continued prayers as my family is gearing up for my sister in law to give birth on January 25 to a baby girl, who may only be with us for a short time the doctors can not give us any clue at this point of how much of her brain has not developed. (We are holding out a lot of hope)
Well I hope everyone has a great 2008, cave I hope your physical therapy is going well & michellen2008 I hope your pregnancy is going well. You are all in my thoughts.
Hope everyone has a good night
hlpfla

Hey girlie, Glad to hear you are doing ok considering...I will continue to pray for you and your loved ones...I truly hope that everything will work out for the best...I am doing ok, I am adjusting to using my other fingers instead of those damaged ones...Still stiff and all but I am taking it one step at a time...Keep us updated...Hope to have you back soon... Very Happy

Admin
Admin

https://iwantfreegifts.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  michellen2008 Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:31 pm

HLPFla.. how is the baby girl doing? Did they ever find out what was wrong? Keep us updated.

michellen2008

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum