I Want Free Gifts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pregnancy

2 posters

Go down

Pregnancy Empty Pregnancy

Post  michellen2008 Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:46 pm

I'm currently pregnant with my first (they did say a boy), but now a girl? Guess gender changes overnight. ha! lol!

So.. pretty much, the pregnancy was going smooth-- and all and then in my 6th month, I was have some really bad cramping sensations and it hurt really bad. All I thought about was people telling me "when labor comes- you'll know". So I call my dr and he thinks labor, so go and find out with all the barn yard testing (blood work, fluids, urine, etc), that I have no infections whatsoever- as usual and that it is probably just round ligament stretching. So I feel eased about this- going home.. Over time, they recently in the last month or two (8 months currently- 32 weeks) say that I'd had some elevated protein (+1) and an elevated pH level (which could probably explain why I have a nasty odor in the unexpected areas)-- uuuugh! So, they still couldn't figure it out and I'm just listing symptoms that don't make sense. Recently they tell me I'm having sugar leaking in my urine (just yesterday) and that my sugar is lower than it should, so I could possibly have low blood sugar? So I'm sitting here, pondering *okay, now what?* so the dr treats me as a Gestational diabetic (diabetes during pregnancy and tells me if I was borderline before pregnant, then I'd get this gestational diabetes) and then gives me a chart stating how I can only eat certain things. Don't get me wrong, but this kinda agitated me and I immediately said, "I'm not giving up my meat and cheese and calcium that I'm lacking and already having bad teeth)... so it kinda agitated me. I don't like giving up foods that I crave and make me more calm and at ease from all the stress and hormones and worries about making sure I'm a good mommy (MOST OF YOU PROB KNOW WHAT I MEAN BY THIS).... so, ya. I still haven't got the blood work (will try my best to do this tomorrow) and see if my testing comes back as normal (all other testing usually comes back as normal) until now I get all these symptoms that confuse me? I always never had a problem with blood work, urine, etc. My back has been killing the heck out of me and had to the other day go check for dilation and they told me I had a few contractions by what I told them (but wasn't severe enough and was just the false thing, the baby preparing), though it was REAL- I know it was and the baby got in a ball and pushed out really hard after I ate one morning 5 am. It was uncomfortable- and they say it was a contraction (but not frequently enough for real thing), so ya.. I understand what they mean - its every 30-45 seconds and most people say I know. The back pain still worries me and I been trying the hot showers as they recommend... uuuugh... Maybe I need a NEW bed!! lol!

Then..sometimes, my blood pressure is low range or near normal range and then afternoon/mid evening comes- it goes high (140-150), but during my appts its always normal. Weird.... They're monitoring me really close for preeclamsia and stuff like that, but I just don't know whats up with it all. I know my baby is growing fast (and probably too fast), but I got so depressed when the dr said something about my eating too much and the baby not knowing when to stop that I felt like not eating at all and my man said, "hon, calm down," rubbing my back, while I was all emotional. I told my man that either I a) overeat and get full or eat when I'm hungry or either I don't eat at all and he told me "no you can't do that, but maybe we can substitute chicken for hamburgers or something." So..we're working on this, but all these symptoms confuse me with being a first time mommy. Did any of you have any confusing things happen like this? Sorta? I'm just so lost? The baby is already growing so fast (I think she may come early due to weight) - we already have a C planned- so its all cool about delivery, unless some nurse screws up and disrespects my wishes and says Natural birth. The baby may come out weighing 10 lbs or more. They say 8, but I as a mother am thinking 10 or more by myself being able to feel her constantly and her weight.

What do yall think???? I'm already going thru an extreme cleaning (what they call a nesting stage) and is that normal? Does that mean I deliver 2 weeks afterward? I just thought this was one of those false things? lol!

Talk to yall soon!

Michelle

michellen2008

http://www.freewebs.com/michellen2008/

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy Empty Re: Pregnancy

Post  jennr Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:56 am

lol! Michelle you are cute...lol you remind me of when i was having my first baby. you worry about everything. i had a false positive on the gestational test then had to do the 4 hour one...when they did that one everything was fine. my last pregnancy was roughest...i had to have m appendix out t 26 weeks which really sucked...i had to get steroid shots in case the baby came early...it was pretty scarey. then i started to havve high blood pressure so i got made to take my maternity leave before i wanted to. everyone worries about huge babies. that was always one of my biggest fears...lol i had all 4 of mine natural with no durgs. i worried for nothing though because my biggest baby was 7 11. not too bad for being my last. my smallest was 6 11. what is your due date? i wish you the best hon and if u have any questions feel free to ask me...i might be able to help you out. i am very excited about you having your first baby. it is so wonderful. make sure you let me know after you have her. i bet she is going to be beautiful. you will never experience love like the love you will have for your baby.

talk to you later
Jenn

jennr

Back to top Go down

Post  michellen2008 Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:54 pm

So far I'm 8 months (32 weeks) - if I'm on estimating right.. uuuugh! Estimating is so confusing and I'm usually off by a week or two with my extimates (according to my dr) when he calls a hospital and the nurse says "so, you're 31 weeks" and I laugh and say, "yes, I am," agreeing when lost. I just sometimes get confused. My actual due date was Jan 31, but with my anxiety and stress levels, we all thought a C-section would be best, so I asked my doctor if it was alright to do the C-section on my man's birthday (Jan 27) at the same time he was born (they cant remember if it was midnight he was born or noon), so we're going with noon! No dang way am I delivering our baby at midnight by C-section-- unless she is coming and it has to be done!! hehe! Otherwise, we will plan for noon on Jan 27, though she is getting bigger and bigger and she lays low -- haha! So, it kinda scares me she may come early and sometimes she sits on that area which is uncomfortable and I always worry time may be coming soon. lol!

Gracee (name we've chosen) is definitely a mystery baby ever since the beginning! A very great blessing too and I hope it all goes well and I do worry a lot, but I, as a mother with love-- its all worrying out of love... you know? hehe! So, Gracee was said to be a BOY at the beginning and NOW-- its confirmed she's a girl, so we always called her "boy" when referring to her and talking to her in my stomach, until they made a mistake and fixed it (then we called her a girl). I hope she never has an identity problem when born (haha!) lol!

So, now we're planning for a girl- and we just bought NB (newborn) clothing, so I'm worried if it will fit and if I'll gotta take clothes back? uuuugh!!! If so, I definitely will dread that, but if she's big- all I hope for- if she is big or whatever size, shape she comes out-- she is healthy... Oh and if it does happen to be a BOY -- lol! --- hopefully he will be healthy, though we really think its a girl after all that kaotic ultrasound testing on her. She hated all those machines (had an ultrasound about 5 times) within this whole pregnancy and she would NEVER open her legs up. So far, we notice she takes a lot of common with daddy and mommy: big feet (her dad and myself), very tall (her dad and myself), a big head (her dad)-- I never had a big head!! GEEZ! She is an active baby though and then has her laid back moments ( a little mixture of daddy and mommy), though I'm usually the active one, so I think she takes that a lot after myself - hopefully she won't end up being said to have ADHD and all that mess like I had to go thru!! hehe lol! Her dad is the calm type and she has her moments where she is a calm girl and relaxed - especially when daddy touches my stomach, she's copying him and having that calm effect- though sometimes she will kick his arm when its on my stomach. It was cute ... our ultrasound DVD got her clapping- my man noticed this and everyone keeps laughing and smiling about the joy we are bringing to this world. So, please if you would, keep us in your prayers.

Thanks again to everyone.. keep in touch!! The boards have been quiet! Wink

Michelle

michellen2008

http://www.freewebs.com/michellen2008/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum